Teaching about Single-Winner Elections!
Click on an Action Kit item below.
• Sample ballots with 4 candidates (5/18)
• Sample ballots with 3 candidates (6/18)
• Tri-fold PDF pamphlet (9/18) - for online reading and for PC printing (print 2-sided, flip on short side)
• Tri-fold Pages pamphlet (9/18) - for Mac printing
• 2-ft x 3-ft Poster (5/18)
• 2017 Study Packet
Boulder's Multi-Winner Elections
"For elections of officials, the Hare system of preferential voting is prescribed. This system insures a real representation of like-thinking groups of voters, instead of the present fictitious representation based on wards or other arbitrary geographical districts. It minimizes also the well known evils of parties and of excessive campaign funds."
-- from Prefatory Synopsis, Charter of the City of Boulder, CO
Read Professor William O. Winter's 1982 conference paper
Boulder's 3-decade use of the Hare system (aka single transferable vote or multi-winner ranked-choice voting).
[Collected papers of Leon Weaver, in the possession of Jack Santucci.]